Atomic Laundromat Clip Show

So in the grand tradition of sitcoms, I bring you the very first Atomic Laundromat clip show. From Tvtropes.org,

An episode which consists mainly of fragments (clips) of previous episodes. Usually has a theme: for example, to highlight a character’s development over the years, or show the relationship between characters. Sometimes, however, it won’t be shown that the events take place in the past, but they are shown as appearing directly one after another.

Clip shows can be used to stretch the budget — they utilize footage already shot, thus needing only narrative glue money for the episode. In that sense, they are similar to a Bottle Episode. When a clip show is used to sum up a season or storyline, it is a Recap Episode.

Anyhow, I’ll be in New York to celebrate my birthday next weekend, and I needed an extra strip in a pinch – so it seemed like a good idea to fill the gap.  Why right now? Well, considering we are meeting David’s mom on Wednesday, I didn’t want to break that little introduction up…

So enjoy the next few comics while I’m away!

By the way, Japan Donors – I just dropped the last batch of mailings at the Post Office.  If you are in the US, please allow 10-12 days for delivery. If you are abroad, please allow about 3 weeks for delivery.  if you haven’t gotten it by that time, drop me a line at armando@atomiclaundromat.com. Thank you all for your generosity. I certainly bit off a little bit more than I could chew with all the sketches, but I was happy to do it for a good cause.

Got something to say? Leave a comment!

15 Comments

1. [...] why I like Atomic Laundromat. It’s a humorous webcomic set in a superhero world. One of the main characters, David, owns [...]

2. L.F. Duck says:

AhhhhhhhPOStrophes please! David’s sister’s Sweet 16 and David’s Dad’s trial … other than that, carry on and thank you! (PS I look forward to your regular comment-makers who help me see things I mightn’t've otherwise)

3. L.F. Duck says:

4. ColdFusion says:

I’m making a little video using drawings to make a crude animation.. and I reused a few drawings from my comic, so it’s kind of a clip show!

5. AJ says:

Of course its not Crisis On Infinite Earths, its Infinite Crisis On Earth! :P

6. Anonymous says:

What’s next? “Die Hard in a Laundromat”? (Actually that sounds awesome, You should do it!)

7. Rinu says:

I like this. Is there any chance you will make this a regular thing occurring in between long segments of story?

8. Wolfen says:

AHA! So Cowman IS a hero! Well, crap… This kinda kills your fanfic, OhHaiMe. O_o

Also, allow me to point out that Bob has yet to do any actual transforming. Oh, and WOO! We’re finally gonna meet Mrs. Messiah!

• Malcolm says:

Says hero where?
      I think he falls under wierdo….

• Wolfen says:

It says weirdos PLURAL. The only panel with more than one character is the last one, so that’s the only one it can possibly be referring to. And we already know that the viking dude was a villain. Thus, by the process of elimination, superhero is the only moniker left for Cowman.

• Wolfen says:

also, it lists the three monikers from top to bottom, so i was thinking it would line up with the panels in the same way.

• Anonymous says:

That is a possibility, on the other hand, they ll 4 could just be sampling of weirdos… those 4 are all weirdos…

It isn’t like it shows Captain Amish, Evil Chef (Actually, I don’t think we’ve ever seen him in the Laundromat… odd that such a popular character has never set foot in the Laundromat), and the Hench Fishmen(Have we even seen them since Captain Amish’s Horse went home with them).

Or better yet, Mistress Justice, Radioactive Britney Spears, and finally The Sting, Senile Avenger, and The Enabler.

Also he is definitely a villain:
          He has a villains license so he can’t be a hero.

• Wolfen says:

Villain license… Completely forgot about that. Guess I was wrong, then… Looks like OhHai’s fanfic is spared. *phew*

Also, I like how his name has unofficially become The Enabler lol.

• Anonymous says:

They are all plural.I think they are just a random sampling of costumers in no particular order.